Call for application on co-production forum When East Meets West
The upcoming edition of WEMW (http://www.wemw.it/), which will be organized from 21 to 23 January 2018, will launch a new East & West double focus and will bring together over 400 film professionals from more than 30 countries and, in particular, from the 2018 spotlight regions: the Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden) and South East Europe (Albania, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia). Producers from all European territories, Canada, USA and Latin America will be eligible to apply and WEMW will select 20 projects in development.
- Projects must be long feature fiction films or documentaries in development with preferably 15% of the total budget already in place
- Projects from the Nordic Countries, preferably with co-production or co-financing potential either with South East Europe or Italy
- Projects from South East Europe, preferably with co-production or co-financing potential either with the Nordic Countries or Italy
- Projects from all other European countries, Canada, USA and Latin America preferably with co-production or co-financing potential either with the Nordic Countries, South East Europe or Italy
Please note that the deadline for submitting a project is OCTOBER 31, 2017. In order to submit your application and the required materials, you need to create your own account and fill in the online form following this link: https://vp.eventival.eu/trieste/2018
All applications must include:
- complete online application form
- approx. 5 – 8 page treatment in English
- financing plan
- teaser of the submitted project or previous works of the director
The application has to be finalized and submitted via the following link with all required documents by OCTOBER 31, 2017
The WEMW international selection committee will evaluate the potential of the treatment, international dimension of the project, directors’ profile, producers’ CV and company track record. Selected projects will be announced in mid-December and all selected producers will be offered free WEMW Industry accreditation.
- FILM CENTER SERBIA Development Award – cash prize of 3.000 EUR
- EAVE scholarship – for the EAVE European Producers Workshop
- FLOW Postproduction Award – 10.000 EUR prize in post-production facilities
- EWA – European Women’s Audiovisual Award – cash prize for the best female director
- PRODUCERS NETWORK Prize Free accreditation to the Cannes Marche du Film Producer’s Network
We also inform everyone interested in “WHEN EAST MEETS WEST”, that in frame of the International Cinematographers' Film Festival “Manaki Brothers”, on 28 September, at 12.00, in the Small Hall of the Cultural Center Bitola, it will be held presentation on the topic “Training and Markets”, by Graziella Bildesheim (MAIA Workshops) and Alessandro Gropplero (WHEN EAST MEETS WEST), where direct questions can be posed about this co-production forum.